Players have two options when creating a character for ability scores. The may roll for each ability score or they may take a set ability score array.
- Roll: 3D6 for each ability score
- Array: 16/14/12/10/8/6
- Critical Attack
A character who rolls a critical attack roll can cause double damage on the attack or choose one of the following options: Critical Attack Options
- Critical Save
A character that rolls a critical on a save has resistance to the attacking damage type for 1 round (including the triggering attack).
- Critical Skill Roll
A character that rolls a critical on a skill roll has advantage on the next skill roll they make before they take a short or long rest.
- Fumbled Physical Attack
A character who fumbles a physical attack suffers all the following effects:
- The character’s turn ends and they can’t take reactions until their next turn.
- The character may has a wrong/backwards effect (eg drop weapon) or suffers 1 level of exhaustion
- Fumbled Spell Attack
A character who rolls a fumbles a spell attack roll suffers all the following effects:
- The character’s turn ends and they cant take reactions until their next turn.
- The Magical energy leaks out around the caster covering a 5’ + 5’/spell level radius and lasting 1D4+2 rounds with one of the following effects: Magical Fumble Effects
- Fumbled Save
A character who rolls a fumbled save has vulnerability to the attacking damage type for 1 round (including the triggering attack)..
- Fumbles Skill Roll
A character that rolls a fumble on a skill roll has disadvantage on the next skill roll they make before they take a short or long rest.
- Bronze Items: Damage more easily than steel weapons but are also easier to repair. Bronze Item Modifiers
- Obsidian Items: Are sharper and cause more damage than steel weapons but break very easy. Obsidian Item Modifiers
- Detecting: To detect magic on an item requires a Detect Magic spell.
- Identifying: To identify a magic item requires an Identify spell.
- Shifting: Characters may spend all their movement to shift 5’ without drawing opportunity attacks.
- Flanking: Characters on opposite sides of an enemy in melee get a flanking bonus gaining advantage on melee attacks.
- Beast master rangers beast is a spirit animal that may be re-summoned in a 1 hour ritual. The ranger uses his bonus action to make the beast attack instead of his normal action.
- Short Rest: A short rest is 10 minutes long.
- Long Rest: A long rest is at least 8 hours long, and you must sleep for at least 6 of those hours, characters regain half their hit dice (rounded up) back after a long rest and recover from 1 level of exhaustion.
- Arcana: Chaos Lore, Dragon Lore, Magic Lore
- History: Giant Lore, Goblin Lore, Monster Lore
- Investigation: Detect Traps, Find Clues, Tracking (Identify Tracks)
- Nature: Elemental Lore, Fey Lore, Flora & Fauna Lore
- Perception: Alertness, Searching
- Religion: Celestial Lore, Demon Lore, Undead Lore
- Survival: Butchering, Find Food/Water, Hunting, Skinning, Tracking (Follow Tracks)
- Lore Books: A character may study a lore book for 1D4+1 weeks (for a minimum of 1 hour per day) to gain expertise in a specific lore area. The character must have the base skill to learn a lore belonging to that skill.
- Language Books: A character may study a language book for 1D4+4 weeks (for a minimum of 1 hour per day) to learn a new language.